Cacao Coated Mocha Ice Cream Bites? Yes please! Thank you, Annie of An Unrefined Vegan
, for sharing this amazing recipe! This refreshingly cold, chocolatey treat made from superfoods will tame the wildest sweet tooth — this unprocessed dessert made with Cacao Powder
and coconut milk is as healthy as desserts get. Yum!
||Cacao Mocha Ice Cream Bites
||An Unrefined Vegan
||15 ice cream bites
- 1/2 cup Imlak'esh Organics Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. Imlak'esh Organics Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tbsp. espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Creating the Chocolate
Form the Filling
- Set a 15 mini-muffin silicone tray on a baking sheet or other sturdy surface (such as a cutting board). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the chocolate ingredients – except for the nuts.
- Divide half of the chocolate between the muffin cups.
- Place the tray (that is on top of the board) into the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a food processor and mix until silky smooth. Scrape down the sides a few times to make sure you've incorporated all of the bean and cacao bits.
- When the chocolate in the freezer has hardened, remove it from the freezer and divide the filling between the cups. Tap the board/silicon mold on the counter a few times to evenly distribute the filling. Place back in the freezer and let set until hardened. Should be less than an hour.
- If the remaining chocolate mixture has hardened, gently re-melt it. Stir in the chopped nuts. Remove the silicon form from the freezer and ladle on the remaining chocolate/nut mixture. Again, tap if necessary to evenly distribute the chocolate over the filling. Place back in the freezer to harden. This really goes fast since the filling itself is cold and will start to freeze up the chocolate topping.
- Once completely firm, they'll be ready to enjoy and share!