There’s a reason why they call environmentally aware folk “crunchy granola.” Granola is a nutritious snack that’s wholesome to enjoy. It’s a favorite amongst the health conscious, the homemakers, and the hippie children. This basic healthy homemade granola recipe from Amber of Fettle Vegan
makes the perfect breakfast, lunch, or snack — anytime you need a little crunch that packs a nutritious punch. You can get creative and mix it up by adding different superfoods: Cacao Nibs
, Goji Berries
, Sacha Inchi Nuts
, or Golden Berries
||Healthy Homemade Granola
||The Full Life by Rachel
||1 large tray
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 shredded coconut
- 1/4 hemp seeds
- 1/4 flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup raisins or craisins
- 1/2 cup Imlak'esh Organics Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 cup Imlak'esh Organics Goji Berries
- handful of sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, almonds, cashews, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the liquid coconut oil (heat if necessary) & sweetener and mix very well, so everything gets coated evenly.
- Spread onto a large, ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring about every 5-10 minutes as needed. Granola cooks quickly and even crisps up a bit after being removed from the oven, while sitting on the pan cooling, so remember to pull it from the oven before it gets too dark.
- Once you have removed the pan from the oven, let it cool for at least 20 minutes. Once cool, add in cacao nibs, raisins, goji berries, and seeds.